About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Two Stories that made me Smile

Two stories that put a smile on my face....

First, a high school basketball standout donates his winnings to fellow competitors because he didn't need them!  This was an inspiring story and is a reminder to all of us about the importance of looking out for our fellow man/woman (Wall Street---are you paying attention???????).  I think this player's actions are even more laudatory (at least from my perspective) considering that he is part of a sub-culture (sports) that generally places a huge emphasis on material acquisition over all else...

Second, 2 recent gay appointments at West Point (that bastion of....whatever you want to call it) and at The College of William & Mary...I feel like these appointments further illustrate that we all have contributions to make in this society.

No comments:

Post a Comment