About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Who Is Anti Israeli?

Well known playwright Tony Krushner had been denied an honorary degree from City University of New York because of his views on Palestine---you know, the whole issue of human rights and all.  I am no where near an anti-Semite, but one of the things that I found troubling about certain pro-Israeli advocates is that they seem to believe that Israel can never be criticized, even when its wrong (nevermind that Krushner himself is JEWISH! and a damn good playwright).  This tendency toward extremism in the  pro-Israeli advocacy is something else that bothers the hell out of me. 

This is but one instance of the attempt to silence critics.  Something similar happened with the independent film Miral, which was released a few months ago (btw---I saw the movie and read the book!).  All that I will say is that right is right...

After typing and posting, I found this update on the Kushner situation ...Maybe the board should consider asking for the resignation of the trustee involved in this little fiasco...I certainly question his judgement and objectivity...

No comments:

Post a Comment