About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Just Us" or Justice?

More voter suppression tactics...this time in Florida.  This should come as little surprise given the importance of Flordia to the presidential electoral process and how strongly Florida went for President Obama...what is surprising is how much isn't being done by activist in response to these actions...Well, maybe I should take that back...Since the law hasn't actually been passed by the Florida legislature, maybe action in opposition is a bit premature.  I did hear (I think it was on Rachel Maddow, but I can't be sure) that the Brennan Center for Justice well be looking into this...(and, I imagine taking litigation action).  I seriously hope that the Department of Justice is eyeing these developments as well.

About 1 month ago, I told my partner that I anticipate that the election of 2012 will be ulgy...very ugly...2008 was merely a warm-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment