About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Fred Shuttlesworth

I have to admit that I knew nothing of Fred Shuttlesworth, who died on Wednesday.  I just read this op-ed piece on the New York Times today on the contributions of Mr. Shuttlesworth.  (Of course), I am not foolish enough to believe that King was a lone soldier in the Civil Rights Movement and I know that there are more unsung folks who have not (and likely will not) receive their dure praise...He is but one of that bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment