About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

More Info on Wealth/Income Inequality

More info of wealth/income inequality...I'm not exactly in the Peace Corps nor am I in the nonprofit sector...I also am not in the Top 1% of wealthy Americans (which is cool)...I recognize that I earn a higher income than the average American (and less than some other Americans)...I have been fortunate...I am willing to pay more in taxes if that means someone less fortunate will have access to certain services they might not otherwise be able to afford (like food, shelter, some time of health care...you know, the basics...).  As I have gone on ad nausem-extensive income inequality is and has been a problem in this country for some time.  Real wages for the middles have been stagnant for decades...This is enormous implications for the country's continued economic growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment