About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Surcharge? What is a Surcharge?????

Will this "millionaire surcharge" replace the tax code loophole that allows hedge fund managers to pay the same tax rate on income equivalent to the rate for long term capital gains (15%)?  If so, I am already against it.  I thought that these folks were going to get serious about rectifying the inequities of our the tax code?  Moreover, the whole idea of a "surcharge" just sounds punitive...and, stupid!  I am no fan of Mitch McConnell, but I somewhat wish Reid would have lost his leadership position in 2010...At least with McConnell, I expect nothing...Damn, I wish Pelosi were still in a leadership position (in the House)!

No comments:

Post a Comment