About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

2011 TriBeCa Film Festival

The 2011 TriBeCa is coming to a close.  This is a list (and links where I can locate them) to films that I saw over the past week.  This was the first time that I actually saw any films as part of the festival and I have to say that I feel like I hit the jackpot!  Before the festival started, my partner and I sat down with the festival schedule and move descriptions and selected movies that appealed to our various interests.  For the sake of appreciating the work of each filmmaker, I hope that each film is able to find a wider audience.

"Mama Africa" about South African singer and social activist Miriam Makeba.

"When the Drum is Beating" about Haiti's most popular and celebrated band...But, this film is about so much more...

"Renee' "  about the first openly transsexual professional tennis player

I am looking forward to next year's selections!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment