About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama is Killed

President Obama's speech on the killing of Osama Bin Laden.  Given the time, lives and financial resources spent tracking down Bin Laden, this is a significant accomplishment by all involved from the President on down.  Personally, I don't take the death of any person lightly---that's just the humanist in me.  Moreover, as many commentators have noted, this doesn't (and will not) end the campaign against terror throughout the world.

What I have found a little disturbing are the crowds (including outside of the WH) chanting "USA"????  This isn't a soccer match!  Real lives have been at stake.  This response seems a little simplistic to me (but, that's just my opinion).  Maybe "disturbing" isn't the right word---but, I certainly don't understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment