About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Friday, June 17, 2011

An Athlete Sticks Foot in Mouth (and Makes Up Facts) in Opposition to Gay Marriage

Morons like this guy should probably learn that their personal opinions are just that...their opinions...Gay marriage is a slide toward anarchy????  Really?  Nevermind growing income inequality, lack of access to healthcare, lack of access to affordable housing and persistent and systemic education inequality...When we people understand that irrespective that marriage is truly an arrangement sanctioned  by the "state" (I don't care what your religious beliefs are).  Homosexual relationships have existed throughout history (I will admit that I am not as up to speed on the history as I would like...but, I have never professed to be a historian nor a sociologist).  I really attribute a large portion of the vehement reaction to gay marriage to ignorance...plan and simple.  Ignorance and fear of the "unfamiliar", not unlike the opposition to interracial marriage, which was the case only a few decades ago.  Also, who decided to label this guy Tyree a "hero"?

I am trying not to react to every bonehead comment (I wouldn't have time to do anything else if I did) on issues that are dear to me, but sometimes...its hard (its like my refusal to indulge in the foolishness of the "field" of Republican contenders, both real and imagined).

No comments:

Post a Comment