About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

What's B Been Up To?

Here is a review of B's latest album.  I agree with the reviewer that the first single is a dud.  I have generally had mixed feeling about her---although I don't necessarily consider much of her material memorable or substantive (although she seems to think that it is), I have some of it on my Ipod.  I also think that she could be a little more subtle in the use of her sexuality..."Shaking her Couche for Jesus" is how I refer to her schtick.  Maybe the review is right...Maybe the new disk will showcase a broader range of influence (note to B:  the influences that she mentions---DeBarge, Lionel Ritchie, Teena Marie are from the 80s, not the 90s).  We will shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment