About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Leave 'em the F$ck Alone!

This is an interesting note about an Indian tribe outside of Brazil that has had no contact with the "outside" world.  Let's hope that things remain this way...The article cites a few other instances of "uncontacted" tribes who died of disease and otherwise had their subsistence disrupted once the outside world infringed on their existence.  This really irritates the hell out of me, especially the story about the Zo'e tribe where several members perished after contact with missionaries in 1987...What is it that the missionaries what?  These people have made a conscious decision to maintain a certain lifestyle and that choice should be respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment