About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Book On the Non-Profit Industrial Complex

I picked up this book "The Revolution Will Not Be Funded" which is edited by INCITE! Women of Color Against Violence...Its a collection of essays on what has been called the "non-profit industrial complex".  I have only been reading the past few days, but its interesting, especially for me as I seriously contemplate a move to the non-profit sector...The various contributors (some who contradict one another, as they should) offer insights into the ways in which the non-profit sector (as a result of various reasons) regenerate the many of the social ills it claims to work toward erradicting.  I don't take this a a justification not to engage.  To the contrary.  It simply means (to me) that a different paradigm is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment