About Me

My photo
New York City, New York, United States
41 year old African-American Male. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and a master of none...I rely on reasoned common sense, rationality and what my gut tells me is right/wrong (combined with the well reasoned opinions of others!). I don't consider myself an expert on anything in particular, but I have lots of opinions.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pandering to the Lowest Common Denominator Never Ends

Mike Huckabee falsely claims that President Obama grew up in Kenya (then his PAC issued a correction---he grew up in Indonesia).  This shtick (taking shots at Obama's upbringing for political gain) is so old that its beyond tiresome.  The obvious point is to continue to paint him as a mysterious "other" relative to the "hard working" citizens of America's heartland (read: white). 

A question that I have is whether the fact that Obama wasn't born in Kenya invalidates  the Huckster's point about the President's perspective on the Brits (since didn't grow up in Kenya)?  What exactly is the President's perspective on the British?  And, quite frankly, if Kenyans do have a negative view of the British, who can blame them?  Are the Kenyans supposed to view the Brits as some type of saviors?  From what I understand about the colonization of Africa, the Africans didn't exactly call the Europeans to come down and take over!

I don't even have the energy to attempt an analysis.  Bottomline is that the 2012 Presidential Race should be a doozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment